Step 1- Choose a leafy base
Drop the idea of choosing light-colored lettuce, such as iceberg, instead, pick dark greens or cabbage for extra nutrition and flavor to increase your interest in the salad.
Fill your bowl with one:
- 2 to 3 cups of rich coloured greens like spinach, mustard greens, kale, or arugula
- Half to one cup of cabbage along with 1 to 2 cups of other dark greens
- 2 to 3 cups of SALAD made from a mixture of edible leaves and flowers or herb salad mix
Step 2- Add more colour
When it is the time to add toppings, load your salad plate with colorful fruits and vegetables. For a sweet and savory combination, raw, roasted and dried will do the job. Adding fresh or dried fruits can enhance the flavour along with the juicy sweetness. After loading your salad with colorful topping, you don’t need as much salad dressings.
Choose one or more:
- One cup non-starchy seasonal vegetables such as mushrooms, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, bell pepper or carrots
- A half cup of seasonal fruits like oranges, peaches, pears, grapes, or berries
- A half cup of chopped tomato, cilantro, onion, fresh jalapenos or other alternatives with salt and lime juice
- ¼ cup rich flavour vegetables like kimchi, pickle
- Two tablespoons of dried fruit
- ¼ Avocado
Step 3- Time for a protein punch
- Beauty and Skin Care
- Eye Care
- Weight Loss
- Diet and Fitness
A SALAD can be quite refreshing, but unhealthy at the same time if loaded with unhealthy saturated fats and sodium. Some salads are just boring, and you might even try too hard to combat that boredom by oiling with bacon bits or creamy dressings that considered as high-fat toppings.
On the other hand, adding just a few lettuces leaves lightly splashed with low calories dressing of oil won’t satisfy. One of the biggest mistake most of the people make while making salad is that they don’t include the right amount or type of food, leaving them hungry within an hour later. This will be more likely to snack them on other fat-rich foods. Creating a balanced, nutrient-rich salad that is delicious and satisfying at the same time is hard. Here are some tips for building the perfect salad meal every time you will truly crave.
Step-4 Sprinkle flavour & nutrition rich crunch
Stay away from fried onions noodles, other fried salad toppings. Instead, pick for real crunch by sprinkling nuts, baked legumes, and seeds. Roasted nuts and seeds are the best way to add a healthy crunch to your salad. Whereas the crunch fruit choice includes apples or crushed baked tortilla chips.
- ¼ cup of baked chickpeas or edamame
- A handful of walnuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, pine nuts, or pecans
- One tablespoon of pumpkin, sunflower or sesame seeds
Step-5 Drizzle healthy oil
Complete your SALAD by including simple vinaigrette that contains healthy fat to boost nutrient absorption. You can try two simple vinaigrette like honey+ olive oil+ apple cider vinegar+grainy mustard and Asiago cheese+lemon juice+salt+ garlic+ plain yogurt + pepper.
- Two tablespoons of Italian or balsamic vinaigrette
- Two tablespoons of Vinaigrette which includes 1 tablespoon lemon juice+lime juice+vinegar of choice +oil of choice.
Now your SALAD is ready. Hit the healthy salad for a healthy system. Create your healthy salad meal when you want.