A small amount of anxiety can help an individual work harder under pressure and helps to keep troubling situations at bay. This way an individual thinks more clearly. However, when anxiety becomes a daily routine, it no longer benefits an individual. In fact, it can hamper an individual’s life. For most of us, anxiety is a temporary feeling. Once, we adjust to a new situation that gives rise to the feeling of anxiety are removed, we no longer feel anxious or worried.
Anxiety disorders are not a temporary worry or fear. An individual with an anxiety disorder, the feeling of anxiety doesn’t go away, and in fact, it gets worse over time. In some people, the feeling of anxiety doesn’t disappear even if they remove the stressors. The constant feeling of worry and uneasiness can interfere with the ability to function in everyday life. Trouble performing daily activities can indicate an anxiety disorder.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety disorders are common in people of all ages. The symptoms can be mild to debilitating. Thankfully, there are treatments and therapies available for those who suffer from anxiety disorders and help them to lead a healthy life.
Symptoms of generalized disorder-People with this type of anxiety disorder appear to show excessive worry for months. Generalized anxiety symptoms disorder includes the following:
- Being easily fatigued
- Muscle tension,
- Facing difficulty in controlling the worry
- Trouble concentrating or empty mind
- Sleep issues
Panic disorder & its symptoms-People suffering from panic disorder experience recurrent unexpected panic attacks, which are sudden periods of intense fear that may include an accelerated heart rate, trembling, pounding heart, palpitations, shaking, shortness of breath, choking, smothering, and sweating. Symptoms of panic disorder are explained below:
- Recurrence of sudden attacks of intense fear
- The feeling of being out of control during an attack
- Being worried about the next attack
- Fear of visiting those places in public where the attack occurred in the past
Social anxiety disorder & its symptoms- People had social anxiety disorder often called as social phobia have a fear to get judged or rejected. They have a fear of social performance in which they expect to feel embarrassed. The symptoms include:
- Being afraid that people will judge
- Staying away from public places
- Difficulty making friends and keeping friends
- Feeling self-conscious in front of other people
- Having a hard time talking with people
- Blushing and seating around other people
It is important to visit a primary care provider if you face any of the above issues. Some physical health conditions such as low blood sugar, or overactive thyroid, as well as taking certain pharmaceutical drugs can worsen your anxiety issue. A thorough mental evaluation is beneficial in diagnosing the condition.
Treatments for Anxiety Disorders
Treatment of anxiety disorders includes psychotherapy and medications.
The type of therapy is also called as talk therapy. It can help people with anxiety disorders. The type of therapy must be directed at an individual’s specific anxieties and suits his/her needs. Patients undergoing psychotherapy find a temporary discomfort as this talk therapy involved thinking and confronting feared situations.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy-It is a type of psychotherapy that makes a person learn different ways of thinking, behaving, and reacting to fear situations that cause anxiety. It also helps people learn and practice social skills which are extremely effective in treating social anxiety disorder.
- A support group may help-people with anxiety disorders might also benefit from joining a support group. Sharing the problems and achievements with others can help in reducing anxiety symptoms to a great extent.
- Techniques to manage stress-Stress management techniques and medications can enhance the effect of psychotherapy. It is believed that aerobic exercise has a calming effect. Sometimes, certain illicit drugs that worsen the condition should be avoided.
Medication helps to relieve symptoms but does not cure anxiety disorder. To have better results, patients are often treated with a combination of psychotherapy and medication. Medication such as Lametec helps reduce the symptoms of anxiety or extreme worry. One can buy Lametec 100 mg online to treat mental disorders.