According to a number of scientific studies, it has proved that smoke is a major cause of hair fall in several surprising ways. Especially a chain-smoking accelerate hair loss and premature graying. The toxins present in smoke can harm hair follicles and damage hormones which in turns can affect the hair health.
- The Toxins in smoke cause damage to DNA of the hair follicles.
- Smoke pollutes the blood which can take a toll on your blood circulation, shrink blood vessels and prevent blood flow to the extremities of your body, including the scalp. When your hair follicles do not receive enough blood, the hair growth cycle is interrupted. This interruption may lead to noticeable hair loss.
- The toxins in smoke can cause hormonal imbalance, which is essential for regulating hair growth cycle.
- Cigarette smoke can damage your immune system, which can contribute to hair fall. A weakened immune system may make you prone to fungal and bacterial infections of the scalp, preventing hair follicles from producing healthy hair.
- It is not just inhaling toxins in cigarette smoke that can damage hair follicles. If you smoke on a regular basis in your house, or car, you could be polluting your place. Polluted air can worsen genetic hair loss.
One can experience a wide range of physical and mental benefits of quitting smoking. Hair fall can also be reversed by simply giving up cigarettes.