Alphalan 2 mg Tablet (Melphalan)
Buy Alphalan 2 mg, Melphalan is used to treat multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer), ovarian and breast cancer. Alphalan 2 mg Tablet belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
Melphalan is used to treat multiple myeloma (a type of blood cancer), ovarian and breast cancer.
How it works
Melphalan belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.
Common side effects
Fainting, muscle, Nausea, hives, pale skin, fast, vomiting, missed menstrual periods, irregular, itching, yellowing of the skin or eyes, or back pain, loss of appetite or weight, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, difficulty breathing or swallowing, rash, unusual lumps or masses., joint, dark colored urine, sores in the mouth and throat, or pounding heartbeat, excessive tiredness
- Melphalan to be taken on an empty stomach 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. Drink at least two to three quarts of fluid every 24 hours, unless you are instructed otherwise.
You may be at risk of infection so try to avoid contact with people with cold, fever or any other signs of infection.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen lotion and protective clothing.
- You may be monitored periodically for complete blood counts (at least one determination prior to each treatment course) during the course of treatment.
- Alphalan 2 mg Tablet may increase the risk that you will develop other cancers. Talk with your doctor about the risks of taking melphalan.
- Do not take live vaccines if you are an immunocompromised patient.
- Use of melphalan is not recommended in children.
- Use with Alphalan 2 mg Tablet extreme caution if your bone marrow reserve have been compromised by prior irradiation or chemotherapy, or if your marrow function is recovering from previous cytotoxic therapy.
- Use appropriate contraceptive methods to avoid pregnancy during melphalan treatment.
Q: Is melphalan safe in pregnancy?
A: Alphalan 2 mg Tablet may harm the baby. The drug should only be given if there is no other alternative drug. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Is it safe to use melphalan during breastfeeding?
A: Alphalan 2 mg Tablet should be given only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the infant. Please follow your doctor?s advice regarding its use.
Q: Is melphalan a vesicant (irritant)?
A: Melphalan is not a vesicant but an anti-cancer drug.
Q: How is melphalan given?
A: Alphalan 2 mg Tablet is given by oral or intravenous route; dosing varies by purpose and route of administration as well as patient weight.
Q: Does melphalan cause hair loss/ neuropathy/ liver damage?
A: Melphalan causes hair loss as one of the side effects. but cause for liver damage and neuropathy is not known.
Q: How does melphalan work/ how does melphalan kill cancer cells?
A: Alphalan 2 mg Tablet belongs to class of drugs called alkylating agents. It works by stopping or slowing the growth of cancer cells in your body.