Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Ascorbic Acid is a naturally occurring form of vitamin C. It is used to treat or prevent low levels of vitamin C and to treat scurvy. Vitamin C is a vital nutrient for health. It helps form and maintains bones, skin, and blood vessels. It occurs naturally in some foods, especially fruit and vegetables. Supplements are also available.
Vitamin C is available by medicine as an injection. The Injectable vitamin C can be given into a vein (intravenously), into a muscle (Intramuscularly), or under the skin (subcutaneously).
Uses of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
It is used to treat or prevent vitamin C deficiency.
It is used to treat scurvy.
How Does Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Work?
Vitamin C is essential coenzyme in certain metabolic processes, especially in the metabolism of the amino acids Tyrosine and Phenylalanine, collagen synthesis in ligaments, tendons and joint cartilage, synthesis of L-Carnitine, red blood cell production, and modulating immune responses, as well as in the maintenance of healthy skin. It is also necessary for the transformation of Folic acid, and in promoting the absorption of Iron from the gut. Vitamin C has a role in the metabolism of certain steroid hormones, and high levels of Vitamin C are found in the Adrenal gland in times of stress.
How is this medicine (Ascorbic Acid Injection) best taken?
Use ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection as directed by your physician. Read all the information given to you. Follow all directions exactly.
It is provided as a shot into a muscle, vein, or the fatty part of the skin
Side Effects of Ascorbic Acid Injection
This is not an exhaustive listing of side effects. Please notify your doctor if you experience any adverse impact on medicine.
- Feeling of warmth
- Back pain
- Dark urine (Decreased urine)
- Pain and swelling at the injection site
- Redness of the face, neck, arms and occasionally, upper chest
- Temporary faintness
- Unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness
What precautions need to take before using Ascorbic Acid Injection?
- Tell your doctor that you take ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection.
- If you have high blood sugar (diabetes), talk with your doctor.
- If you are on a low-salt or salt-free diet, talk with your doctor.
- Kidney stones or other nasty kidney problems have unusually occurred in people taking high doses of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) injection for a long time. The risk may be higher in people who have had kidney difficulties or kidney stones.
- Higher in people 65 or older and children younger than two years of age.
- This injection may cause hemolysis in patients with glucose-6-dehydrogenase deficiency. Verify with your doctor right away if you have stomach or back pain, dark urine, decreased urination, fever, tiredness, or yellow eyes or skin.
- Do not take other medicines unless they have been consulted with your doctor. This includes prescription or nonprescription (over-the-counter [OTC]) medicines and herbal or vitamin supplements.
For treating vitamin C deficiency, the typical vitamin C injection dose is 200 mg once daily for up to a week.
For injury healing, the typical vitamin C injection dose is 1 gram once every day for 5 to 21 days.
For off-label uses, a large type of vitamin C injection doses has been used. These typically range from 10 to 100 grams. Doses may be given every day or regularly at various intervals.
Q: Is vitamin C injection dangerous?
A: Vitamin C injections are safe when used for FDA-approved reasons at regular doses. The most common side effects are pain and swelling at the injection site. Very high doses of vitamin C injections also appear to have few side effects.
Q: Can IV vitamin C cures cancer?
A: There are still no well-done, controlled clinical trials that have shown a substantial effect of vitamin C on cancer, but some studies do suggest a mild decrease in side effects of specific cancer treatments when standard therapy is combined with high-dose IV vitamin C.
Why buy Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) from Online Generic Med ?
Low prices: We sell prescription medications at low prices. A free medical consultation is included with every prescription.
Total privacy: We always kept your information strictly confidential.
Convenience: You won?t need to wait in long Queue at the pharmacy, because your medications will be delivered directly to your door.
Authenticity: We only sell authentic Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), manufactured by Pharmafabrikon India at a plant in India. A valid licensed Indian pharmacist dispenses all medications sold by Online Generic Med .