Clotrimazole vaginal cream (Canesten Vaginal cream)
Clotrimazole vaginal cream is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections mainly infections of the vagina, vulva, groin or pe**is along with ringworm, fungal nappy rash and infections of the armpit, toes and skin folds.
How it works?
Canesten Vaginal cream acts against the fungi by impairing the permeability of the fungal cell wall and inhibits the activity of enzymes within the cell. It specifically inhibits the biosynthesis of ergosterol and other sterols required for cell membrane production.
Common side effects
- Peeling or flaking of the skin
- Pain or a burning or stinging sensation
- Clotrimazole vaginal cream or pessary is for vaginal use only. Do not use in the eyes or take by mouth.
- Apply to the affected area two or three times a day. Use the cream for at least 2 weeks. In some cases it may be necessary to continue to use the cream for more than 4 weeks.
- For using this cream, squeeze a small amount onto your fingertip and gently apply to the irritated skin around the vagina.
- If this product comes with one applicator do not throw it away after use. Separate the pieces of the applicator and wash with warm and soapy water immediately after use. Rinse thoroughly. Make sure the applicator is completely dry before the next use. If this product comes with 3 disposable applicators, throw away each applicator after use.
- Wash your hands immediately after using the cream.
- To clear up your infection completely, use clotrimazole vaginal cream for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream a st**d/ used for thrush/ good for ringworm/ good for toenail fungus?
A: Canesten Vaginal cream is an antifungal medication and not a st**d. It is used for treating thrush, ringworm. It may be used for toenail fungus; however its efficacy in this case is not completely established. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream safe during pregnancy/ breastfeeding?
A: There are no adverse effects of Canesten Vaginal cream on pregnancy, on the health of the fetus/ newborn child or breastfeeding. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream available over the counter?
A: Yes, Canesten Vaginal cream is available over the counter. But if this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort, talk with a physician before using clotrimazole.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream better than miconazole?
A: Although Canesten Vaginal cream and miconazole are different drugs, they work in similar ways. Both are used for treatment of fungal infection, primarily yeast. Despite these similarities, they are often used in different parts of the body and they have different active ingredients and so cannot be compared. Both medications work well, but one of them may work better for some people than others. Check with your doctor for more details.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream a st**d/ curable/ contagious/ a STD/ dangerous/ curable/ a st**d cream/ safe in pregnancy/ infection dangerous?
A: Candida is a yeast, a form of fungus. It causes infections such as candidiasis or thrush in humans and other animals. Individuals with Candida infections are not usually contagious, though in some settings immunocompromised people can catch the infection. The infection does not usually spread by s**ual contact. Candida infection is curable but if not treated early it can result in a serious infection. Because of the changes going on in the body, pregnant women often get candida infection, especially during the third trimester of pregnancy, but there is no evidence that it can harm an unborn baby.
Q: Is Clotrimazole vaginal cream is good for thrush/ is safe/ safe for toddlers/ available in the US/ safe in pregnancy/ safe for toddlers?
A: Canesten Vaginal cream is good for treating thrush. It is available in the US but with different brand names. It is safe for use in adults and toddlers, if used as recommended but should be taken after physician?s advice.
Q: Is Canesten Vaginal cream hydrocortisone for thrush?
A: Clotrimazole vaginal cream contains two active ingredients, clotrimazole (antifungal medicine used to treat infections with fungi and yeasts) and hydrocortisone (corticost**d medicine that is applied to the skin to relieve the symptoms of inflammation). It is used to treat vaginal thrush.
Q: Is Clotrimazole 20g vaginal cream safe in pregnancy?
A: Canesten Vaginal cream is a vaginal preparation to treat vaginal candidiasis, commonly known as yeast infection. It can be used in pregnancy if used as recommended by your doctor.