Cetcip L 5 mg (Levocetirizine 5 mg)
levocetirizine 5 mg is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as allergic fever (hay fever), year-round allergies like dust or pet allergies and chronic nettle rash.
How it works
Levocetirizine belongs to a group of medications called antihistamines. It acts by blocking a natural substance (histamine) that is produced in the body during an allergic reaction.
Common side effects
- Dry mouth,
- Stomach pain
- Excessive tiredness
Use levocetirizine 5 mg with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
It is best to take the drug at bedtime as it can make you drowzy.
- Do not take levocetirizine 5 mg if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to levocetirizine.
- Take special care with levocetirizine and follow the advice of your doctor: if you suffer from epilepsy or are in any risk of having fits. if you suffer from kidney failure, because you may require a lower dosage.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking drugs like antidepressants; medications for anxiety, mental illness, or seizures; ritonavir; sedatives; sleeping pills; theophylline; and tranquilizers, as it may worsen the side effects.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast- feeding.
- levocetirizine 5 mg can cause drowsiness. Avoid engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness such as driving or operating machinery when taking.
- Do not take alcohol with cetirizine, as it may worsen the side effects.
Q: Is levocetirizine/ LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet an over the counter?
A: No.Levecetirozine (also available as LCZ/ LCZ plus/ xyzal/ Zyrtec/ vozet) is not an over the counter medication. Prescription from your doctor is always required.
Q: Is levocetirizine 5 mg gluten free?
A: Yes.levocetirizine is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.
Q: Is levocetirizine safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding?
A: Levocetirizine is not safe during pregnancy or lactation. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q: Is levocetirizine 5 mg a decongestant?
A: Levocetrizine is used to relieve runny nose; sneezing; and redness, itching, and tearing of the eyes caused by hay fever, seasonal allergies, and allergies due to other substances.