Ciplactin 4 mg (Cyproheptadine 4mg)
Buy Ciplactin 4 mg (Cyproheptadine 4mg), Cyproheptadine is used to treat sneezing, itching, watery eyes, runny nose, and other symptoms of allergies. Cyproheptadine 4mg belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines and antiserotonergic. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
Uses of Cyproheptadine 4mg
Cyproheptadine is used to treat sneezing, itching, watery eyes, runny nose, and other symptoms of allergies.
How it works
Cyproheptadine 4mg belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines and antiserotonergic. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
What is Cyproheptadine HCl?
- Cyproheptadine 4mg is an antihistamine drug that reduces the chemical histamine in the body. Histamine is a natural chemical which is secreted by the mast cells in the body and triggers allergic symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eye, or runny nose.
- Cyproheptadine HCl is prescribed to relieve the symptoms of seasonal allergies (hay fever) both in adults and children. It is sold under various brands, a couple of which are Periactin and Ciplactin (made by Cipla).
- Cyproheptadine 4mg medication may also be given to treat other conditions not mentioned above.
Important Information about Cyproheptadine HCl
- Do not take this medication (Periactin, Ciplactin) if you are allergic to Cyproheptadine 4mg, or if you have narrow angle glaucoma, a stomach ulcer or obstruction, an enlarged prostate or urination problems, if you have are having an asthma attack, or if you are elderly or have a debilitating disease.Before giving cold and allergy medication like Cyproheptadine HCl to children, always ask a doctor. Misuse or such medicines can be harmful and even fatal for children.
- This medication may make you dizzy or cause blurred vision. Therefore, do not do any activities such as driving or others that require a high degree of mental awareness until you are sure that you can do them safely. Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine as it can cause certain side effects due to Cyproheptadine HCl.
- Cyproheptadine 4mg belongs to FDA pregnancy category B. If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding, ask your doctor if it is safe to use Cyproheptadine 4mg. Do not take it without doctor?s advice.
How should I take Cyproheptadine 4mg?
- You must take Cyproheptadine 4mg (Periactin, Ciplactin) medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Don?t change the dosage by any amounts smaller or larger or take it for a longer than the prescribed period.
- Take the Cyproheptadine HCl tablet with a glass of water. Let your doctor know if your condition doesn?t improve or it starts deteriorating after taking Cyproheptadine HCl medication.
- Always store Cyproheptadine 4mg in a cool and dry place away from heat, light moisture, children and pets. Ensure that medication bottle is tightly Closed.
What if I miss a dose of Cyproheptadine 4mg?
As Cyproheptadine HCl is an allergy medication, you may take it as and when needed and not follow a dosing schedule. However, if you are on a regular dosing pattern and if you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. Don?t take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is up. Double dosing can cause some undesirable side effects.
What if I overdose?
If you overdose on Cyproheptadine 4mg or any medication, get urgent medical help or call the Doctor immediately. Some symptoms of overdose are extreme dizziness, confusion, hallucinations, very dry mouth, dilated pupils, pale skin, vomiting, or fainting.
Cyproheptadine HCl Side Effects
- Some common side effects of Cyproheptadine 4mg are dizziness, blurred vision, constipation, or dry mouth/nose/throat. These are not the only side effects due to xyz. There may be others.
- Seek medical attention right away if you experience any serious side effect due to this medication.
Interaction with other drugs
Prior to taking Cyproheptadine 4mg, let your doctor know if you frequently use other medications that induce sleep like medicines for cold, allergy, sedatives, na***tic pain killer, sleeping pills, drugs for depression, anxiety or seizure; or muscle soothers. These medications may increase you sleepiness and drowsiness caused by Cyproheptadine 4mg.
The drugs mentioned above are not the only ones to interact with xyz. There may be others. Let your doctor know about any other medications which you may be using. Never start a new medication without a doctor?s advice.
Do not start or continue the Cyproheptadine 4mg tablets:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
If you are breast feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking cyproheptadine because your mental alertness may get disturbed. Avoid drinking alcohol as it can increase certain side effects of cyproheptadine.
- Do not take this medicine while you are breast feeding, Consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
Q: Is Cyproheptadine 4mg used to gain weight/for headaches?
A: No, cyproheptadine is used for treatment of allergies. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.
Q: Is cyproheptadine an antihistamine/anticholinergic?
A: Cyproheptadine 4mg is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic effects.
Q: Is cyproheptadine over the counter?
A: No, it is available with doctor?s prescription only.
Q: Is Cyproheptadine 4mg safe?
A: It is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Is cyproheptadine safe during pregnancy?
A: No, it is not safe in pregnancy. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use.
Q: Can I take cyproheptadine with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
A: Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q: Does Cyproheptadine 4mg get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
A: Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q: Does cyproheptadine affect birth control?
A: No, it does not affect birth control. Patient should follow the advice of doctor before its use.