Duovir-E Kit (Lamivudine / Zidovudine / Efavirenz)
Duovir-E Kit, Duovir-E Kit is used in the treatment of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) in adults. It contains three different anti-retroviral agents ? lamivudine, zidovudine and efaviren.
What is Duovir-E Kit?
Duovir-E Kit tablets (Lamivudine Zidovudine Efavirenz) is used in the treatment of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) in adults. It contains three different anti-retroviral agents lamivudine, zidovudine and efavirenz.
Each DUOVIR-E Kit contains three tablets ? two fixed-dose combination tablets of lamivudine and zidovudine and one tablet of efavirenz. Efavirenz is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor (NNRTI) of HIV-1. It is a non-competitive inhibitor of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase and does not significantly inhibit HIV-2 reverse transcriptase or cellular DNA polymerases ?, ?, ? or ?. Both zidovudine and lamivudine belong to the nucleoside analogue class of antiretroviral drugs. Both drugs act by terminating the growth of the DNA chain and inhibiting the reverse transcriptase of HIV.
How is Duovir-E Kit used?
Each Duovir-E kit contains:
• One yellow tablet containing Efavirenz 600mg
• Two white tablets each containing Lamivudine 150mg + Zidovudine 300mg
• Take one white (Lamivudine + Zidovudine) tablet in the morning.
• Take one yellow (Efavirenz) tablet AND one white tablets (Lamivudine + Zidovudine) at night.
• Taking the yellow tablet on an empty stomach (ie. at bedtime) can decrease potential nervous system side effects.
There is a risk of fetal damage if Duovir-E is taking during the first trimester of pregnancy. Only take Duovir-E while pregnant, or if you a planning to become pregnant if the benefit outweighs the potential risks. Discuss this with your doctor, Make sure your doctor is aware of all medicines you are currently taking. Many different drugs can have a negative interaction with the active ingredients in Duovir-E
Exact dosage of DUOVIR-E ? Lamivudine,Zidovudine,Efavirenz KIT is prescribed by the Physician Depending upon age, weight, gender and kind of disease etc. However overdosing may cause DUOVIR-E toxicity.
Generic name & Brand Name
Generic name is the FDA approved universal name of the drug or the chemical without branding. Brand name is the company specified name for marketing of the drug by a special name patent to them. DUOVIR-E itself is a brand name.
What is DUOVIR-E generic name ?
The active ingredients of the DUOVIR-E are Lamivudine,Zidovudine,Efavirenz and its generic name is ? Lamivudine,Zidovudine,Efavirenz.
• Lamivudine,Zidovudine,Efavirenz ? DUOVIR-E Expiry period is the time period after which DUOVIR-E is not medically usable or expired.
• The exact expiry period after manufacturing is 48 months. After 48 months DUOVIR-E is medically not usable.
• To keep Lamivudine,Zidovudine,Efavirenz ? DUOVIR-E in best condition always 25 celcius.