Kenacort Cream (Triamcinolone 0.1%)
Triamcinolone Kenacort Oral Paste is used to treat inflammation and allergies of the skin, nose or respiratory tract such as psoriasis, lupus, ulcerative colitis, arthritis, breathing disorders and certain types of cancer.
What is Kenacort?
• Triamcinolone, also sold under the name Nasacort, Ledercort, Kenalog and Kenacort injection among several other names, is an adrenocortical st***d drug which inhibits the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation.
• Triamcinolone 0.1 is available as a tablet or an injection and oral paste. The tablet is used to heal nasal allergy symptoms like sneezing, itching, or runny nose caused by seasonal allergies or hay fever. The injection on the other hand is administered into the joint space to treat inflammation of the joints or tendons or to treat arthritis, tennis elbow, or bursitis. It is normally given only a short term treatment of a severe or extreme episode
• This drug may also be given for treatment no listed above.
Important information about Triamcinolone
• Triamcinolone 0.1 is not recommended for a child below 2 years of age without a doctor?s advice. Some brands of this drug are not even made for children. Don?t use this medication if you are allergic to triamcinolone.
• Kenacort can lower the count of white blood cells which help your body fight infections. So taking this drug may compromise your immune system hence high density crowded places and contact with sick people must be avoided as far as possible. Also don?t take live vaccine while using triamcinolone medication.
• Avoid discontinuing triamcinolone abruptly or you may experience some nasty withdrawal symptoms. Talk to your doctor about it. This drug may reduce born formation which can result in osteoporosis, especially with extended use. Consult your doctor on this.
• Long term st***ds use can cause eye damage. You may be required to undergo regular eye exams while taking triamcinolone.
How Kenacort works?
Triamcinolone belongs to a category of drugs called as corticost***ds. It works by reducing the production of substances in the body that cause inflammation and allergies.
How to take triamcinolone?
• Use Kenacort Oral Paste strictly as prescribed by your doctor. Don?t alter the prescribed limit of dosage in any situation.
• In case of triamcinolone tablets, take it orally with or without food. Swallow the tablet whole with water. Your doctor will give you the frequency of taking it.
• For triamcinolone injections, it is administered into a joint or soft tissue.
Triamcinolone (Kenacort) Side Effects
While many people may not experience any side effects due to triamcinolone that may not be the case with you. Get immediate medical help if you witness any of these serious and life threatening conditions: swelling in lips, mouth, face, or throat; breathing difficulty, skin hives; lethargy; nausea; appetite changes; weight changes; fever; chills; body aches; flu symptoms; easy bruising or bleeding; unusual weakness; worryingly high blood pressure; seizures; muscle pain or tenderness; strong depression or changes in mood; irregular heart beat; white spots or sores inside your nose, mouth or lips; vision problems like eye pain, blurred vision, or halos.
Q: Is Triamcinolone 0.1 (Kenacort) safe in pregnancy?
A: Kenacort may cause harm to the fetus. Hence, it is not advisable to take it in pregnancy without consulting your doctor.
Q: Is triamcinolone an antibiotic/sulfa/st***d drug?
A: Triamcinolone is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug. It is a st***d.
Q: Is triamcinolone available or sold over the counter?
A: No. Triamcinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter.
Q: Is Triamcinolone 0.1 the same as Daktarin/Kemakort/ Lanacort?
A: Triamcinolone 0.1, Kemakort, Retard are names of triamcinolone available in the market. Daktarin is the brand name of miconazole, while Lanacort is the brand name of the drug Hydrocortisone acetate.
Q: Is Kenacort safe?
A: Yes. Kenacort is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q: What is Kemakort and what is it used for?
A: Kemakort is the brand name of triamcinolone. It is used to treat various skin, throat, eye, blood and bone infections, asthma and certain types of cancer