Listril Plus (Lisinopril 5 mg + Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg)
Lisinopril (Hydrochlorothiazide) is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension), prevention and treatment of heart attack (Myocardial Infarction) and heart failure; when heart is unable to pump sufficient blood. It is also used in patients of diabetes with kidney failure.
How it works
Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to group of medicines called angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It acts by inhibiting production of chemical angiotensin II resulting in relaxation of blood vessels, and thus, reduces blood pressure.
Common side effects
• Orthostatic hypotension (low blood pressure),
• Hormone imbalance,
• Allergic reaction,
• Slow growth in children and teenagers,
• Muscle cramp.
Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg
Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It also treats fluid retention (edema) due to congestive heart failure or cirrhosis of liver or kidney disorder.
Expert advice for Listril Plus
• Do not take lisinopril tablet, if you are allergic to lisinopril or to other ACE inhibitors (captopril, ramipril), or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
• Do not start or continue the lisinopril, if you are dehydrated due to sickness or diarrhea or use of diuretics, on a low salt diet or have severe renin-dependent high blood pressure (hypertension)
• Do not take Hydrochlorothiazide, if you have any disease of the brain (cerebrovascular disease), heart (e.g. ischemic heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, cardiogenic shock, or heart attack), or immune system.
• Do not take lisinopril, if you are having dialysis or have had a kidney transplant or other kidney disease.
• Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with Hydrochlorothiazide.
• Avoid using lisinopril if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q: Is lisinopril a blood thinner, statin, diuretics, calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or maoi?
A: No, lisinopril is not a blood thinner, statin (lower cholesterol levels), diuretics (water pill), calcium channel blocker, nitrate, alpha blocker, or monoamine oxidase inhibitors (maoi). It is angiotensin-converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibitor.
Q: Can I take lisinopril with metformin, ibuprofen?
A: Lisinopril should not be given with metformin or ibuprofen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use.
Q: Does lisinopril cause hair loss, erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, decreased heart rate, cough, insomnia, or weight gain?
A: Lisinopril may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), diarrhea, or cough but it is not known to cause hair loss or weight gain. It can increase the heart rate. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q: Can I take lisinopril without hydrochlorothiazide?
A: Yes, but as per your doctors advise only.
Q: Is lisinopril a generic drug?
A: Yes, lisinopril is a generic drug.
Q: Is lisinopril safe?
A: Lisinopril is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
A: Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q: Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
A: No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide.
Q: Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
A: No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Q: Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
A: Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
Q: Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
A: Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects.
Q: Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
A: Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide.
Q: Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
A: No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.
From Where I can Buy Listril Plus?
Online Generic Med is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Listril Plus online and assure maximum benefits.