Misoprost 200 mcg (Misoprostol 200 mcg)
Misoprost 200 mcg tablet is used to prevent gastric ulcers resulting from treatment with pain-killers/NSAIDs (non-st****dal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen, naproxen, indomethacin). It is also used for medical termination of pregnancy or legal abortion during early pregnancy, along with mifepristone.
How Misoprostol 200 mcg works?
Misoprost 200 mcg tablet is similar to the natural chemical prostaglandin found in the body. Misoprostol 200 mcg acts on the stomach and intestine to create a protective lining, and thereby prevents ulcer formation. It also acts on the uterus and produces strong contractions and softens the cervix to cause abortion.
Common side Effects of Misoprostol 200 mcg
• Stomach pain,
Interaction for Misoprostol 200 mcg
Food : It is better to take this medicine with food.
Alcohol : Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Pregnancy : It is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Lactation : Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Expert Advice for Misoprost
• Misoprostol should only be given to adults (above 18 years of age).
• If you are taking misoprostol for abortion, it is important to take it 36-48 hours after taking mifepristone. Rest for at least 3 hours after taking this tablet.
• Do not take misoprostol tablet if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
• Avoid using misoprostol if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may cause dizziness.
• Doctor?s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver, heart, kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, anaemia, problems with clotting of blood, abnormal blood pressure or cholesterol or suffer from malnutrition.
• Do not smoke cigarrete while taking misoprostol.
Q: Is Misoprostol 200 mcg safe?
A: Yes. Misoprostol 200 mcg is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q: Is misoprostol available or sold over the counter?
A: No. Misoprostol is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter.
Q: Is misoprostol effective orally?
A: Yes. Misoprostol is effective orally.
Q: Is Misoprostol 200 mcg available and legal in India?
A: Yes. Misoprostol 200 mcg is legally available in India.
Q: Can I take misoprostol with Advil, Vicodin, hydrocodone?
A: Misoprostol may be taken with Advil (ibuprofen), Vicodin (paracetamol and hydrocodone), and hydrocodone if prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Does misoprostol cause weight gain?
A: There is no evidence of misoprostol causing weight gain. If you notice any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
From Where I Can Buy Misoprost 200 MCG?
lDayGeneric is a trusted online drugstore from where you can purchase all kinds of generic medicines at highly competitive prices. You can buy Misoprost 200 mcg online and assure maximum benefits.