Montair 10 mg (Montelukast)
Montair 10 (montelukast tablet) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal and year round allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
How it works
Montair 10 belong to a class of medicines called leukotriene receptor antagonist (anti-asthmatic drugs). It blocks the action of certain natural substances (leukotrienes) that are involved in causing asthma and allergies. It makes breathing easier by reducing swelling in the airways.
Montelukast tablet is a leukotriene receptor antagonist. This drug is used worldwide under different brand names for the treatment of various seasonal allergies and especially for relieving the symptoms of Asthma. The symptoms like bronchospasm, seasonal rhinitis (also known as hay fever) and Urticaria. ?Mont? in Montelukast tablets tands for the place Montreal, where Merck developed the drug. The drug Montelukast tablet is used for seasonal and perennial (occurs all year round) allergic rhinitis (a condition associated with sneezing and stuffy, runny or itchy nose.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take this drug if you:
Are allergic to this drug or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
• Are pregnant
• Are breastfeeding or planning to breast feed
• Are below the age of 2 years
• Have liver disease
• Are having a condition called Phenylketonuria (especially a child)
• Have kidney problems
• Have severe bladder infection
• Have bleeding or blood clotting disorders
• Have stomach ulcers or ulcerative colitis
How to take it?
Swallow the tablet with one glass full of water. Do not break the tablet. Take the drug exactly as directed. Montair 10 should be combined with well balanced calorie controlled diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Chewable tablets are very easy to take. They can be simple chewed by teeth and there is no need of water to swallow.
You may require urgent medical help in this situation. In such a case visit nearest healthcare center or call your doctor immediately.
In case you forget to take the dose, skip the dose and take the next dose on the recommended time period if it?s too late but if it?s less than 12 hours of the forgotten dose then go and take it. Do not double up the dose for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
• Fluid retention,
• Nose bleed,
• Feeling unusually weak or tired,
• Upper respiratory tract infection,
In above cases you must go for immediate medical help. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them. Tell your doctor immediately in the above situations.
What are the things to be taken care of?
• Patients with aspirin sensitivity should continue to avoid aspirin or avoid NSAIDs while taking montelukast tablet
• One should not exceed the dose prescribed by doctor
• Do not give this medicine to anyone else
• This medicine could affect your ability to drive or operate machinery
• Do not give this drug to a child or adolescent under 18 years old
• This drug may cause dizziness or blurred vision
• Don?t exceed the recommended dose
• Avoid a high fat diet
• Avoid alcohol
Q: What are the uses of montelukast/ Montek Lc/ Romilast?
A: Montelukast (also available as Montek Lc/ Romilast) is used to prevent and treat asthma, seasonal allergies (hay fever), and prevent exercise-induced asthma.
Q: Is Montelukast tablet st***id/antibiotic?
A: No. Montelukast tablet is an leukotriene receptor antagonist which is used as an anti-asthmatic drugs.
Q: Is montelukast tablet harmful?
A: Montelukast tablet is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q: Is montelukast tablet gluten free?
A: Montelukast tablet is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.