Tenoric 100 Tablet (Atenolol / Chlorthalidone)
Buy Tenoric 100-Atenolol and Chlorthalidone is a combination medicine prescribed for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. Atenolol is a beta-blocker drug that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Chlorthalidone is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that prevents the body from absorbing too much salt ? condition that can lead to fluid retention.
What is Atenolol and Chlorthalidone?
Atenolol and Chlorthalidone is a combination medicine prescribed for the treatment of hypertension or high blood pressure. Atenolol is a beta-blocker drug that affects the heart and circulation (blood flow through arteries and veins). Chlorthalidone is a thiazide diuretic (water pill) that prevents the body from absorbing too much salt ? condition that can lead to fluid retention.
Atenolol and Chlorthalidone is sold under various trade names, a couple of which are Tenoretic and Tenoric (made by IPC). This medication may also be given for conditions not listed over here.
Important Information about Atenolol and Chlorthalidone
• Do not take Atenolol and Chlorthalidone (Tenoretic, Tenoric) if you are allergic to it, or if you are unable to urinate, have a serious heart problem (heart block or slow heart rate), or if you are allergic to sulfa drugs. To make sure that this medicine is safe for you, inform your doctor in advance if you have any of these conditions: heart disease or congestive heart failure, kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis), liver disease, lupus, gout, psoriasis, adrenal gland tumor (pheochromocytoma), glaucoma, diabetes, or asthma.
• Atenolol and Chlorthalidone belongs to FDA pregnancy category D. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant. If you become pregnant during the treatment with this medicine, stop taking it and contact your doctor immediately. Atenolol and Chlorthalidone can cause injury or death of an unborn baby if pregnant women take it in the second or the third trimester. Use of an effective birth control is recommended while taking this medicine. It is not known whether Atenolol and Chlorthalidone can pass into breast milk and harm a nursing baby. Consult your doctor about safely taking this medicine if you are breast feeding.
How should I take Atenolol and Chlorthalidone?
• Take Atenolol and Chlorthalidone strictly according to your doctor?s directions or according to the instructions on the medication label. Do not alter the dosage unless your doctor advises you to do so. Also, do not take this medication after the prescribed period is over. All medications come with a patient leaflet. Refer the instructions in them for detailed information on that particular medication.
• While taking Atenolol and Chlorthalidone, watch out for vomiting, diarrhea, or excessive sweating. These can lead to severe dehydration which can further lower your blood pressure. Low blood pressure can be a dangerous and fatal condition. Contact your doctor immediately if you experience any of these conditions while taking this medicine.
• You may have to take this medicine for many years, even if you feel healthy. High blood pressure doesn?t have any outwardly signs. Always store this medicine in a cool and dry place.
What are the doses instructions?
If you miss a dose of Atenolol and Chlorthalidone for any reasons, take it at the instant you remember it. However, skip the missed dose if the time to take the next dose is almost up. Taking multiple doses near to each other can lead to excess medication in your body which can be harmful.
In case of an overdose of Atenolol and Chlorthalidone, get emergency medical attention. Overdose may result in severe tiredness, trouble breathing, wheezing, slow heart rate, chest pain, swelling, lightheadedness, or fainting.
Atenolol and Chlorthalidone Side Effects
• Cold extremities
• Increased blood uric acid
• Decreased potassium level in blood
• Glucose intolerance
• Slow heart rate
• Decreased sodium level in blood
• Decreased magnesium level in blood
• Increased calcium level in blood
• Increased blood lipid level
Atenolol and Chlorthalidone Dosing Information
Atenolol and Chlorthalidone dosage may depend on a range of factors like age, s**, drug allergies, or seriousness of the condition among several other factors. Your dosage will be determined by your doctor after examining you properly. Remember to follow your doctor?s advice properly for best results.
Interaction with other drugs
Many other drugs can interact with Atenolol and Chlorthalidone. Let your doctor know in advance if you use any other drugs or related products (OTC vitamin pills or other medicines, or herbal products), especially other blood pressure medicines, digoxin, dobutamine, indomethacin, isoproterenol, lithium, diabetes medicines, heart rhythm medicines, other diuretics, or steroidal medicines. However, these are not the only medications that can interact with Atenolol and Chlorthalidone. There may be others. Do not start a new medication on your own without proper medical advice.