What are the Benefits of using Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate?
Here are given the advantages of using an antiretroviral agent like Tenofovir or Tenvir 300 mg:
- Reduce the amount of HIV and HBV virus in the body
- Improves liver health
- Safe and effective treatment to treat chronic hepatitis B in children below the age of 12 years.
- Reduces the risk of transferring the HBV virus to others
- One tablet a day, every day is required to stop the progression of the disease.
What is the correct dosage?
For adults and children, the recommended dose is 300 mg once daily. Patients can take the tablets before or after consuming food.
The dose for the treatment of HIV 1 in patients from two to less than 12 years of age is decided according to the weight of the patient. If your kid has HIV-1 or HBV infection, consult your healthcare specialist for an appropriate dose for your children.
Are there any possible side effects?
- In HIV infected adults- Most commonly reported adverse reactions are nausea, headache, rash, pain, depression, diarrhea, and asthenia.
- In patients with hepatitis B with the compensated liver disease- Nausea was one of the commonly reported side effects of the antiretroviral agent.
- In pediatrics patients- headache, diarrhea, asthenia, depression, pain, and rash.
- In patients with hepatitis B virus with the decompensated liver disease- Most common side effects were insomnia, dizziness, pyrexia, abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea, and pruritus.
What are the warnings associated with the antiretroviral agent?
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate can interact with certain foods. In some cases, this may be harmful, and your health care specialist may advise you to avoid certain foods during the treatment.
- Your anti-retroviral medication may affect the way other medicines work, and other drugs may affect the working of Tenofovir. A patient taking Tenofovir to prevent the progression of the HIV of HBV virus is not supposed to take atazanavir, didanosine, lopinavir with ritonavir.
- Patients who are at high risk of developing renal dysfunction should assess for creatinine clearance, urine glucose, and urine protein before initiating the treatment.
Men’s Health | Women’s Health | Beauty Skin Care | Weight Loss | Birth Control | Acne | Allergy | Acid Reducers | Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Alzheimers | Anti Angina | Anti Migraine Drugs | Anthelmintic & Anti-worm | Anti Cancer | Anti Emetic | Anti Fungal | Anti Malarial | Anti Migraine | Anti Parkinsonian | Anti Rejection Drugs | Antibiotics | Arthritis | Asthma | Avanafil | Bladder Prostate Care | Blood Disorders | Cholesterol Reducer | Dapoxetine | Diabetes | Epilepsy | Gastro Health | Hair Loss | Hcg Injections | Heart & Blood Pressure | Hepatitis | Herbal Products | Herps & Viral Care | Hiv Care | Hormonal Disease | Infertility Therapy | Kidney / Liver Care | Nutritional Care | Oedema Care | Ortho Care | Pain Relief & Fever | Quit Smoking | The Blue Pill (Sildenafil) | The Weekend Pill (Tadalafil) | Thyroid Care | Tuberculosis (Tb) | Vardenafil | Varicose Veins | Eye / Ear Care | Covid Medicine